MGT 439 Pediatric Disaster Response and Emergency Preparedness Program
This course prepares students to effectively, appropriately, and safely plan for and respond to a disaster incident involving children, addressing the specific needs of pediatric patients in the event of a community based-incident. Pediatric specific planning considerations include mass sheltering, pediatric-triage, reunification planning and pediatric decontamination considerations. This is not a hands-on technical course, but instead a management resource course for stakeholders.
Prerequisites: Familiarity with the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and the Incident Command System (ICS) via completion of study courses IS-100, IS-200, IS-700, and IS-800 (or equivalents) is recommended
Target Audience: • Community and Hospital-based Emergency Managers
• EMS Personnel
• Hospital Administration and Emergency Room Personnel
• Public Safety/ Public Health Personnel
• School Administrators
• MRC Personnel
• Private Sector
• Law Enforcement
• Disaster Response/ Relief Personnel
• County, State, and Federal personnel who respond to a local jurisdiction disaster event
Seats Remaining: 21
Begin Date: 9/10/2019
End Date: 9/11/2019
Time: 8:00 AM--5:00 PM
Polk County EOC
Iowa - 50319
1) Continuing Education Credits: International CEU's (thru IACET) - 1.6 CEUs; AMA Category 1 equivalent (thru AAFP) - 13.25 hours; Nurses (thru ENA) - 15.5 hours; EMS (thru TX-DSHS) - 16.0 hours
2) Travel and meals will be on your own, adequate time for lunch will be provided.
3) This facility takes a whole block, with Polk County Public Health on the front (south side of bldg). Park in the lot to the south of building, enter on the EAST side of building.