Rescue Task Force - Hostile Event Interdiction: Unified Response by Law Enforcement, Fire and EMS
The Preparedness of State and Local Law enforcement, Fire, Rescue and Emergency Medical Services is one of the major initiatives of the United States Department of Homeland Security. Students from Law Enforcement, Fire, Rescue and Emergency Medical Services will learn the tactics, techniques and procedures, specific to a unified small group response as a rescue task force during the interdiction phase of a terrorist driven, active shooter or any active hostile incident. Students will have daily practical exercises as well as written exams throughout the 3 day curriculum. The course is the response to a neutralized or mitigated active shooter or hostile event; where Law Enforcement, Fire, Rescue and Emergency Medical Services students learn to unify as a rescue task force and conduct force protection while setting up casualty collection points as an integrated response.
Prerequisites: REQUIRED INDIVIDUAL EQUIPMENT FOR COURSE:
- Medical Trauma and Triage Equipment (Not to be used. Simulation Only)
- Duty uniform or training fatigues (3 days of training)
- Patrol rifle if issued / issued duty weapon
- Duty gear (pistol belt and holster)
- Range gear (eye and ear protection)
- Ballistic vest
- Go Bag if issued
Target Audience: The course is open to Emergency Management, Law Enforcement, Military personnel, Fire, Rescue and Emergency Medical Services ONLY
Seats Remaining: 20
Begin Date: 5/27/2020
End Date: 5/29/2020
Time: 8:00 AM--5:00 PM
Northwest Iowa Community College, Building H
603 W Park Street
Iowa - 51201
1) Parking is available in Lot #1 and Lot #4. The presentations will be located in Building H. (map will be sent to registrants)
2) Course includes - Student manual - Conversion kits for duty weapons (for force on force scenarios) - Simunition® for scenario training - Certificate of completion
3) Lodging reimbursement is available for those that travel an excess of 50 miles to attend training; at the state lodging rate of $65 + tax per nigh. Available lodging in Sheldon includes the Holiday Inn Express & Suites and the Super 8.
4) Lunch will be on your own with adequate time, there are multiple eating locations available in Sheldon. May 29 lunch will be provided (with approval) for the exercise day ONLY.