MGT 439 Pediatric Disaster Response and Emergency Preparedness Program
This course prepares students to effectively, appropriately, and safely plan for and respond to a disaster incident involving children, addressing the specific needs of pediatric patients in the event of a community based-incident. Pediatric specific planning considerations include mass sheltering, pediatric-triage, reunification planning and pediatric decontamination considerations. This is not a hands-on technical course, but instead a management resource course for stakeholders.
Prerequisites: Familiarity with the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and the Incident Command System (ICS) via completion of study courses IS-100, IS-200, IS-700, and IS-800 (or equivalents) is recommended
Target Audience: • Community and Hospital-based Emergency Managers
• EMS Personnel
• Hospital Administration and Emergency Room Personnel
• Public Safety/ Public Health Personnel
• School Administrators
• MRC Personnel
• Private Sector
• Law Enforcement
• Disaster Response/ Relief Personnel
• County, State, and Federal personnel who respond to a local jurisdiction disaster event
Seats Remaining: 94
Begin Date: 8/11/2020
End Date: 8/12/2020
Time: 8:00 AM--5:00 PM
Unity Point/St. Luke's Auditorium
2720 Stone Park Blvd
Iowa - 51104
1) Students must have a FEMA SID Number prior to class.
To register for a SID# online: cdp.dhs.gov/femasid
2) All registrants will also be required to register on the TEEX portal: https://teex.org/class/MGT439/ as this will generate your tests (if applicable) and how you will receive your course certificate.
3) All travel and meals will be on your own, adequate time for lunch will be provided.